Monday, March 15, 2010

Recording Options

I have two choices for recording my podcasts at this time, with a third to come later.

1.  My GoogleVoice phone number allows me to record any call as an mp3, so I can use that with clients, interviews, etc.

2.  My partner has a mic and Audacity on her computer, so I can use that until I get my laptop and get the Propaganda software, which allows full editing and publishing, with tags that make it simple to subscribe, track listeners, etc.

I agree with one padcaster who said the audio quality is not nearly as important as the creativity, so I'm not going to worry about getting all techy. I will, however, look into Propaganda (link above) because I love the all-in-one service of that software, and I have a feeling I'm going to fall in love with podcasting and want to automate it as much as possible.  :-)

Next Action Steps:

Make sure my current hosting package has enough room and a way to FTP mp3 files onto the page.

Create a page on my site to archive the podcasts.

Investigate other archive options.

Investigate how to store my mp3's somewhere besides my computer, so they don't eat up my memory.

Buy a new laptop.

Buy Propaganda software.

Learn my new laptop.

Learn Propaganda software.

No comments:

Post a Comment